Posting a job for free on Jora
Are you looking to fill a role in your company?
No matter how large or small the company, for a full-time or part-time position, with or without experience, Jora’s free job posting service is a perfect fit for you.
In this blog post, we will tell you why you should be posting on Jora, and provide a short tutorial on filling out our simple form.
Why should you post a job for free on Jora?
Here are a 4 reasons why you should post your job ad on Jora:
1) Great Reach
You want enough quality candidates so you can pick the right one, don’t you? Jora has:
- 5,000,000 job searches every month and is the 3rd largest job site by visits in Australia
- 2x as many jobs as anyone else, and is the largest job site by number of jobs in Australia
- 2,000,000 email alerts subscribers
2) It’s Absolutely Free
- Post as many jobs as you wish (as long as each is a legitimate / separate role)
- Editing your job ad is also free
3) Quick and Easy Process
- You only need a few minutes to fill in a simple one-page form and submit it
- Your job ad will be searchable as soon as it is processed by our systems
- This automated processing utilises AI and sophisticated algorithms to show your job to the most relevant candidates
4) Recruitment Synergy
“Recruitment marketing strategies which include a healthy dose of free job board utilisation are quickly becoming a best practice leveraged by industry leaders across a number of verticals.” – Emily Fearnley at the Recruitics blog
While you might well choose to publish your ad in some traditional paper media or on selective specialised websites, it is always a good idea to diversify your recruitment strategy and use free job boards like Jora to cast your net far and wide.
Join hundreds of other employers posting jobs for Free on Jora today.
Basic Tips on Posting your Free Job Ad
In order for you job ad to attract the most relevant candidates, it is important that the Job Ad contains enough information and is of sufficient quality. Jora takes job quality very seriously and has systems in place to detect spam and fraudulent job advertisements.
1) Clear Job Title
- This field has high priority in returning search results, and should accurately reflect the role. An obscure title will likely result in your job ad being at the very end of the results list
- Don’t use ALL CAPITALS here or in any other field
2) Real Company Name
- We do check if the company exists, and if not, we may blacklist the advertiser
3) Clear and Concise Description
- Make sure to list actual duties / responsibilities, and any qualifications / experience required
- Don’t make unrealistic promises
- Check the spelling and grammar, as too many errors may trigger our spam filter
4) Right Location
- Don’t put a too broad location, unless it really does not matter
- Be careful about ambiguous location names (same name, different locations, e.g. Armadale)
- Check the state
5) Job Type
- Full time
- Part time
6) Correct Email Address
- This is really important as an email is sent with a link that is your only way to manage your Job Ad
- Preferably, the email domain matches the Company Name
- However, we also cater for small businesses or even individuals’ recruitment needs, so we do accept jobs posted with a personal email if all previous conditions are met
7) Mobile Number
- Don’t worry, it will not be displayed as part of your ad
8) Post Job
- Click here to post your job to Jora
- Your job should be live as soon as our algorithms work their magic, which could take a couple of minutes to a couple of hours
- However, if you don’t see your legitimate job on our site after a couple of hours, feel free to contact us
- Please do not post the same job several times, as it will get caught in our spam filter
Do you already have an existing website with a Careers page? Do you have an XML feed with a list of job vacancies? We may be able to crawl it automatically and save you time, so all your jobs are automatically published on Jora. To enable this please send through a link to your website or XML feed using our contact us form and we will get back to you with further details. And yes, it’s free too!
Learn more about how to reach the most relevant candidates in Ale’s post on Optimising your job ad.
If you would like even more reach, find out more about sponsoring jobs in Jos’ post on increasing reach and effectiveness.